Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mojo Monday at Flying Unicorn

Here is a layout I made using this week's Mojo Monday sketch at Flying Unicorn


The papers are Bo Bunny Weekend Market and Double Dot.  I stamped and stenciled with gesso on the background paper, then stamped with black archival ink and colored in a couple spots I wanted to stay the original color (the flower sprigs) with Crystal Gel.  I then inked the entire paper with Distress Inks in Festive Berries, Squeezed Lemonade and Tea Dye.

This is a photo of my nephew when he was just a little guy.  We just spent the weekend with him and it's hard to believe that this sweet little guy and the busy eight year old he is today are one and the same person.

Here is the sketch:





This weekly challenge is open Monday through Sunday so there is still plenty of time to play along!


We are on vacation at my in-laws' cabin in the wilderness and I had the best scrappy day today.  My stepmom and dad came up in their boat and my stepmom and I spent the afternoon out in the sun on the deck scrapping, listening to the sounds of the ocean.  It was gorgeous!

Gotta enjoy the tranquility before I return home next week - apparently there is a nasty package waiting for me from Bitsy, one of the members at Flying Unicorn.  This month instead of the Creative Team presenting challenges for the members the tables have been turned and the members are challenging the Creative Team.  Each CT member has two challenges, one that is open to all (come join us, there are some lovely RAKs to be won and the CT aren't eligible :) ) and another that is only for that specific CT member.  And involves a package of hideous scrapbooking supplies hand-picked for that CT member.  Come join in the fun and watch us squirm!

Hope you are all having an opportunity to enjoy the summer!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jackie your layout is wonderful! So rustic and distressed..great banner, beautiful flowers! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!!

Denise said...

Beautiful take on the sketch!! Love the rustic feel..gorgeous!

Shona said...

this is just gorgeous Jackie...yummy colors and love the background :)