Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Flying Unicorn CT Guest Designers at Once Upon A Sketch

I've been waiting to share this layout for a while.

Flying Unicorn is sponsoring this month's sketch at Once Upon A Sketch, and the Creative Team was asked to create layouts using this beautiful sketch:





This month's theme is to interpret and journal about the theme "Season".  I knew instantly that I wanted to use a photo I'd taken of my second son, Brennan, at Whistler this past winter.


I used papers from a fall 2011 Glitz line called "Vintage Blue" which is one of my all-time favorite paper lines.  I still have lots in my stash - it was so yummy I bought 4 sets :)  It is still available in the Flying Unicorn store, get yours while you can!

I wanted to soften the colors, so I applied Picket Fence Distress Stain over a Crafter's Workshop snowflake template on the background paper.  I love the way Picket Fence mutes colors without masking them - it's a must-have for me for sure. The birds are fussy cut from the coordinating Glitz Paper Layers.  I used feathers to add a softness to my clusters to mimic the snow and tucked in some muted Prima, Maya Road and Kaisercraft flowers and a little bit of bling behind the Thicker title which I covered with Distress Stickles in Tumbled Glass.  The photo is matted with a Glitz Peek-A-Boo transparency.

I love the way this layout turned out and it has been enjoying pride of place on my mantlepiece for the past month.

Be sure to visit the Once Upon A Sketch blog to view the creations by my fellow Creative Team members.  There is still lots of time to play along and there are some fantastic prizes up for grabs.

I hope to be back soon with some more projects to share.  I've been busy creating Creative Team projects for the Flying Unicorn that I can't wait to share with you come September 3rd!

Hope you are all enjoying the last couple weeks of summer!

Jackie

1 comment:

Shona said...

love this Jax...one of my fav collections too :) just stunning!