Sunday, September 16, 2012

7 Gypsies Trousseau *** Flying Unicorn Sale ***

7 Gypsies is currently on sale for 20% off in the Flying Unicorn store through September 30th. I had a chance to work with the beautiful papers from the Trousseau collection.

My fellow CT member Kelly had done a gorgeous layout with the August kit where she had inked the edges of torn strips of patterned paper with black ink to make her background, and I took that as my starting point.  I didn't want to use any of the vintage photo images on the papers because they didn't fit with my modern photo, but I was able to cut and tear around them.  Although it may not look like it at first glance, the papers have lots of opportunities for fussy cutting, and I cut out the details I wanted, such as the words and the photo mat with banners, before I tore my background strips.  I also have a couple lovely fussy cut flower clusters in reserve for another layout.

FUL 09-2012 7 Gypsies

I placed some rectangles and some strips of paper, patterned masking tape and canvas writer's tape where I would be placing my photo and my accent clusters, then applied Crystal Gel through a brick wall mask to add some more dimension to my background. After adding my embellishments I misted everything using Tattered Angels Abominable Snowman Glimmer Mist and Chalkboard Cherry Cola, Perfect Pearls in Blue Smoke and Dylusions Black Marble.  I went a bit too heavy with the black mist, so I painted over the flowers in my main cluster with Silks paint in Jasmine which I lightened with Distress Stain in Picket Fence.  Disaster averted!

Here are some closies:


FUL 09-2012 7 Gypsies closie 2


FUL 09-2012 7 Gypsies closie 4

I used three sheets of patterned paper for this layout: Grace, True and Charming.  The Prima wooden buttons and wood tickets and the Petaloo Color Me Crazy orchids are also available in the store.

Take advantage of the sale to stock up on these lovely papers!

1 comment:

Shona said...

oh Jackie this is just so so gorgeous!!!!!!