Sunday, October 14, 2012

Disney Excitement - Flying Unicorn KOM

In the Flying Unicorn's September Back-To-School tutorials Kelly presented an amazing tutorial called Gesso Goddess 101 where she taught us some of her techniques for creating a rocking, one-of-a-kind background using gesso, mists and masks and I just had to try it.  Since I was working with the October kit at the time, my project is a little late getting turned in - detention for me!



I started with a Sears and Sons diecut paper from Kaisercraft from the October Kit of the Month and went from there, applying gesso through various masks, spritzing on Dylusions sprays and then gently dragging a paper towel across the surface to add some more dimension.


I fussy cut words and cogs from the Prima Craftsman papers, distressed them and tucked them here and there throughout the layout, along with Prima Resist Canvas shapes and Kraft Glassine flowers I misted with various brown mists.




A little gauze...


Some gold mesh ribbon from May Arts...


And a little Prima resin bird from Ingvild Bolme completed the layout.


All of the Back To School tutorials have been permanently moved to the Tutorials Group so that you can go back and reference them anytime.

Thank you for stopping by!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is adorable Jackie!