Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Solace From the Heart OTP - Flying Unicorn

This month's Off The Page project included in the Flying Unicorn Kit Of The Month is a 10" x 10" stretched burlap canvas from Canvas Corp.  Now, I love to scrap with burlap.  And the thought of covering up an 8" x 8" section with papers and embellies never to be seen again made me sad.  So instead I took an exacto knife - and a big, deep breath - and cut out the middle panel to use on other projects and made my canvas into a shadow box by adhering a piece of Tim Holtz Kraft Resist I'd colored with various Distress Inks and Dylusions sprays to the backside.


I used Tim Holtz's Quirky Turkeys tutorial from last Thanksgiving to create the turkeys.  The wreath is made of grapevines and I picked it up at a local craft store for $1.50.  The leaves are Prima from my stash colored with Dylusions from the Flying Unicorn Store



The Prima canvas banners are from the kit, as are the letters, which I colored brown using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and sealed with Glossy Accents.

 

Included in the Embellishment Add-On is a package of Creative Paperclay and some Smooch Paints.  I rolled the clay into the shapes of my fruits and vegetables, let them dry for a couple of days and then painted them with various colors of Smooch.



Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: