Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Believe You Can Fly *** Flying Unicorn December Kit ***

I squealed in delight when I opened my December Kit Of The Month from Flying Unicorn.  This kit is jam packed with Iron Orchid Designs, Ruby Rock It and FabScraps and is right up my alley - papers I could fussy cut, distress, paint, mist and otherwise go wild with.

Here is my first layout from the kit:


There aren't a lot of candid photos of me with the kids.  Evan will happily take a posed picture if I ask him, but hasn't yet gotten into the habit of snapping candids (it doesn't help that as soon as I notice a camera I turn and smile LOL) so the occasional good one is really precious to me.  This is a photo of me with our eldest, Elliot, when he was 3 - we were in the midst of playing in a new playground we found on vacation.  I've scrapped it before and I'll likely scrap it again.


The Teresa Collins Christmas album that comes in the main kit is packed with corrugated cardboard that tears apart so beautifully for an added recycled embellishment.  Here I've used it as a photo mat coated with molding paste and the Mica Fragments included in the kit. (The Dusty Attic Chicken Wire chippy is from the Flying Unicorn store - look for these back in stock soon, they sell out fast.  The Petaloo Cantebury vine is from my stash - other colors are still in stock in the store.)  The beautiful Prima and Kaisercraft flowers are from the Flower Add-On.

I painted my fussy cut hot air balloons with Lindy's Stamp Gang's Magical Micas to give them a little extra oomph.  The diamonds are a Crafter's Workshop mask with Micro Pop Beads from the store colored with Pan Pastels from the October kit of the month .


I cut out some diamonds from scraps of paper from the kit, distressed and inked them and mounted them on foam for a little added dimension.


 A little gauze misted with Lindy's Moonshadow mist to finish things off.

Got your December Kit of the Month - Ode to Yesteryear yet?  If not hurry over to the Flying Unicorn store as they're sure to be gone soon.  I'll be back with more shares shortly.

No comments: