Thursday, December 6, 2012

Holiday Treats Recipe Book *** Flying Unicorn KOM ***

Each month's Kit of the Month at Flying Unicorn features an Off-The-Page project.  This month's is a Teresa Collins Christmas Countdown album.  I thought I came up with a unique idea when I decided to make mine into a recipe book, but at least 2 other CT members thought of the same thing.  Oh well!

Here's the cover:


I used Graphic 45 Papers from Christmas Emporium, Christmas Past and Nutcracker Sweet for my cover from the Flying Unicorn store.


I made this flower using the Poinsettia Spellbinders die and used American Crafts Micro Beads in Gold for the center.  The petals are edged in Platinum Stickles for added shine.


The Maya Road Chipboard Alphas are included in the Main Kit.  I heat embossed mine with Stampendous Aged Embossing Enamel in Ivory - I cannot get enough of this stuff!

And here are two interior pages. We recently had a cookie party at my friend Kirsten's house, 4 moms with a total of 10 kids under 7.  I had intended to use pictures of the kids and their friends cutting, baking and decorating cookies, but when we showed up to find Kirsten doing a Stepford wife impersonation I couldn't resist.


The digital stamps from Mo's Digital Pencil were perfect for this layout!  I colored them with Copics and adhered them below my hand-written recipe.


The memory album contains lots of tags and die cuts for layering and embellishing.  I also added a banner of G45 scraps and some jute cord to finish the whole thing off.

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments: