Monday, February 4, 2013

Best Friends - Flying Unicorn KOM - Part 2

One day I left my boys at childminding while I went to the gym.  They enjoy childminding and love the staff, but on this day little Colby was inconsolable.  After changing him, trying to feed him and cuddling him, the concerned childcare attendant asked Elliot, our oldest, if he had any ideas why Colby was crying.

"Because he misses our dog,"  Elliot answered earnestly.  "They're best friends."

And they really are.  I don't know if I have any pictures of Elliot or Colby with Ryder, but I have a ton of pictures of Colby and Ryder together.  They cuddle on the dog bed together.  Colby shares his meals from the highchair (much to my disdain).  And Ryder lets Colby ride him.

This picture didn't turn out quite as well as I'd hoped - Ryder is in focus but Colby is slightly blurry, but I couldn't resist scrapping it anyway as it captures such a sweet moment between the two of them.  Colby was rubbing Ryder's tummy and giggling and Ryder was rolling around on his back in paroxysms of delight.


I used papers and embellishments from the February Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month - Celebrate Every Love.  The blue and gold color scheme of these papers works so beautifully together.

The January 28th Mojo Monday sketch was my starting point for this layout.


Here are some closeups:


I love these Bo Bunny Zinia blooms from the Flower Add-On!  The little bird is a stamp included in the Embellisment Add-On that I've colored with the watercolor pencils from the Main Kit.  And look at that gorgeous metal butterfly!  It was included in the Main Kit, which is sold out, but Flying Unicorn has just released 10 different Metal Adornment packs available in the Flying Unicorn Store.


The dark blue flowers are white Prima Soprano flowers from the Main Kit spritzed with the Tsukineko Cornflower Antiquing Solution from the main kit.  The Kaisercut die cut shapes are ideal for layering.


Another metal adornment and a Kaisercraft wood frame painted with Silks in Honey Amber and African Jade.

A new Mojo Monday sketch debuts today in the Flying Unicorn Forums, I hope you'll play along with us!

No comments: