Sunday, February 3, 2013

Celebrate Every Love - Flying Unicorn KOM Part 2

The February Flying Unicorn Kit of The Month Celebrate Every Love contains beautiful papers from the Bella J'Adore line that have a gorgeous sheen to them. I had been following along with Creative JumpStart 2013 and couldn't wait to try the crackle effects background. I had a photo of Brennan at the pool on a recent vacation printed out and ready to go and it seemed to fit the crackled background beautifully. 



For the crackle I spread Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in Rock Candy liberally over part of my page, and let it dribble down like water before putting it aside to dry.


Once dry I spritzed it with the Cornflower Walnut Inking Solution from the Main Kit as well as some Tattered Angels from my stash.  I spritzed a strip of the Bazzil Pleated Paper from the Embellishment Add-On as well to use beneath my photo and in my small cluster on the bottom left).


To accent the crackles a little more I rubbed on some Inka-Gold in Gold with my fingertip (I also used the Inka-Gold on the small blue Prima roses and to accentuate the fussy cut swirls from another piece of the Bella J'Adore paper).


I finished the whole thing off with some Pop! Microbeads and a fabric heart from my stash (upcycled off a store-bought card I was given) and edged the layout with two shades of blue Gelatos blended with some water.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  As I mentioned yesterday the February Kit of the Month sold out in 2 days, but there are tons of CHA goodies arriving in the Flying Unicorn Store daily, so be sure to check those out!

No comments: