Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April Guest Designer at OUAS

Flying Unicorn is a permanent sponsor at Once Upon a Sketch, and for the month of April we are also the main sponsor and the winner of this month's sketch will win the gorgeous kit of the month Whispers of Spring.

The Creative Team was invited to Guest Design this month, and I had so much fun playing with the sketch.


The theme for the month is "the Best Day", but how could I choose just one?  So instead I scrapped a photo that represents some of our best days - relaxing up at my in-laws' summer cabin. Sun, the ocean, time spent with family, it's perfect.  The beautiful young lady in the photo is my niece Kailey.

And what better paper line to represent the best day than Prima's Divine?


I mixed molding paste and glass bead gel to achieve the pebbly texture and applied it through the Prima chevron mask.  Tattered Angels Opal Paint System coordinates amazingly with these papers and I added it along with some Shimmerz Coloringz in No Yoking.

Here is the gorgeous sketch for April - I hope you will play along.



Some closeups:





Supplies:

Prima Divine Papers - coming soon to the Flying Unicorn Store
Prima Divine mini roses - coming soon
Prima Divine capital letters
Flying Unicorn Adornments - Time Passes
Dusty Attic scroll
Prima canvas banners
Prima chevron mask
Gesso
Molding Paste mixed with Glass Beads Gel (that's what gives it the pebbly texture)
Shimmerz Coloringz No Yoking
Doodlebug twine

Thank you for stopping by!


1 comment:

Jackie Plank said...

So very very beautiful!!