Saturday, June 1, 2013

Steampunk Suitcase - Flying Unicorn KOM

The off-the-page project included in this month's Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month is a papermache suitcase. Here is what I did with mine:


Lots of layers of mediums here!  I started by painting the whole thing with Vintage Photo Distress Paint, then added Broken China and Antiqued Bronze through the Crafter's Workshop Mini Bricks mask.  I added some stamping with two Kaisercraft texture stamps (love these!) Numbers and Vintage Fence, then spread on Viva Crystal Gel mixed with Luminarte Primary Elements in African Jade and Honey Amber through my new Prima Static mask.  I built up the background with kraft tissue paper and gloss gel, and added circles of hot glue colored with Alcohol Inks and rimmed with Liquid Pearls Silver Pearls and brushed with Brushed Pewter Distress Stain.


What I love most about the new Flying Unicorn Adornment flowers is how they can be bent and shaped and painted to customize them to your projects.  To color these flowers I used Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical Micas in Gold with gloss gel and then brushed Brushed Pewter Distress Stain over top.


A beautiful Flying Unicorn Adornment leaf, some watch parts and Ingvild Bolme Tiny Junkyard Findings and some curled twine...


To make the center medallion I covered a Basically Bare Gear with Distress Stain and gloss gel, and layered on metal adornments.


I can't wait to see what you create with this versatile Off-The-Page project!




No comments: