Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Wintery Tag Card

Just stopping in for a quick share tonight of another Christmas card I whipped up at the last moment.

I love how versatile Blue Fern Studios chipboard is for layering. To make this partridge in a pear tree tag card I combined Distress Stains and Inks on the background, then added some stamping and rub-ons.

I painted the tree and bird with liquid acrylic paint, then brushed some gesso onto the tree with a dry fan brush and added some brown lowlights to the bird.


For the moon in the background I used the smallest of the Blue Fern Graduated Circles painted with gesso. I adhered it to the page and then painted the inside with embossing ink and filled it with a luminous embossing powder - the photos don't do the shimmer justice.


I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments: