Monday, December 2, 2013

"Magic" Kit Reveal - Part 3

Did you have a good weekend? Ours seems like it was jam-packed, but I don't know if I accomplished much, and it's only going to get more crazy as December marches on. We did have a lovely roast beef dinner for my dad's birthday (and a couple lovely bottles of wine), and today the kids painted some Christmas ornaments and we made cookie dough to roll out later. Oh, and I finalized several of the details for my upcoming trip to CHA (and Disneyland with the family) in January!

Here is my third layout for the December kit of the month. I will be back on Thursday with my off-the-page project, including a start-to-finish video.


Have I told you lately how much I love the Marion Smith Nirvana papers? LOL - this is my third time making a layout with this specific piece of paper - I've used each side separately before, so why not cut it in half and use both sides simultaneously this time?


To tie the two sides of the paper together, I started off by stencilling with a damask mask on the turquoise side to mirror the one on the tan side. 


I then layered the wood veneer letters haphazardly on the diagonal, and went to town with Gelatos before finishing off the background with Spun Sugar Dazzlerz through a crackle mask.


I love these enamelled metal dangles and aged them further using the Whitewashed Pine set from Tattered Angels so they would coordinate with the paper colours.


Some stamping, loose threads and Dimensionz from the kit to finish everything off, combined with the gorgeous flowers from the Flower Add-On.


Thanks for stopping by - I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful week for you.

Supplies

From the kit of the month and add-ons:

- Marion Smith Nirvana: "Cloud 9" & "Photo Op"
- Kaisercraft Enchanted Garden: "Magic"
- Prima Resist Canvas Borders
- Trim
- Prima Veneer letter
- Darice Fence
- Maya Road clock transparencies
- Prima flowers: "Charlotte", "Lucido", "Queen Mary"

From my stash:

- Tattered Angels: Weathered Pine paint system
- Shimmerz Seafoam
- Gelatos
- Prima Damask 12x12 stencil
- Gesso
- Kaisercraft "Script" and "Grunge" stamps
- Faber-Castell Artist Pitt-Pens - XS Black

No comments: