Sunday, January 5, 2014

Flying Unicorn January Kit Reveal - Part 4

The January kit of the month includes a whole stack of fantastic thick, one-sided Prima Art Journaling Paper by Jodie Lee. Most of the papers are brightly coloured, but the following layout is based off of one of the more subdued sheets, taken in a completely grungy direction.

This picture of me was taken at the brunch the day after our wedding, 10 1/2 years ago. When my 2 1/2 year old, Colby, saw the picture, he asked if it was me, and when I said it was, asked "but where's Colby?" LOL.


Lots of layering going on here. I started by stencilling with the 13 Arts Gesso, and when that was dry misted with grey and black mists. I then applied the mesh drywall tape and the tissue tape and finally added stamping to fill in the blank spots. A touch of silver and grey Gelatos randomly on the edges finished off the background.


Layered paper strips are a great way to use up little cut-off strips of other papers. To blend these cut-offs from the Vintage Vanity papers in the Small Art Big Passion kit I simply painted on some watered-down grey Gelato.


The white Prima Tatianna flowers from the Mixed Passion kit are perfect for customizing - I sprayed this one with gold and green and grey to get it to blend perfectly with the layout. Likewise the white flowers pictured below.


Left over Venice Lace from the Small Art Big Passion kit provided a perfect dark contrast to avoid the layout being too washed out.


Thanks for stopping in!

No comments: