Thursday, January 9, 2014

My First Blue Fern Studios DT Project

Hi there! This is a pre-scheduled post today - I am currently in (hopefully) sunny Anaheim, California, enjoying a free day between Prima Art-Venture and the start of the CHA Mega Show tomorrow. I am up on the Blue Fern Studios blog today with my January projects, the first of which I'm sharing with you today. Feel free to pop on over to BFS to see them both.

I generally scrap photos with people in them, however this lighthouse on the easternmost tip of Mexico that was attached to the hotel we stayed in last year was too beautiful not to scrap, and coordinated perfectly with the By The Sea set. I also added in the word "Sunshine" from The Optimist Word Set and some clouds from the Cloudy Skies set.


I started with a piece of 7 Dots' 9th Wave paper as the background, added some stencilling with gesso and Shimmerz Texturez accented with Gelatos, then built up using paper, trims and drywall mesh.


Though the color scheme for both sets of words differs, they were treated in the same way - I primed them with gesso, then built up colors with Gelatos and finished them off with some Shimmerz Dimensionz which added some dimension and toned down the brightness of the Gelatos. I quite often add additional layers of media to my chipboard until I get an effect I am happy with.


The lighthouse was painted with Dimensionz to match the lighthouse in the photo.


The clouds were also treated with two colors of Dimensionz which I applied with my finger to give them texture.




Blue Fern Studios Chipboard Pieces Used:
By The Sea
The Optimist Word Set
Cloudy Skies


Thank you for stopping in to have a look! I will have my second Blue Fern Studios project up for you tomorrow.

No comments: