Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Never A Dull Moment

Hello! Today I'm sharing my third DT project for Blue Fern Studios for February.  For this layout I used up my last full sheet of 7 Dots Wonderland paper (and could have wept - so sad to use up the last bits of your favourites, isn't it?), and I had a lot of fun building up colour and texture on an already colourful and textural background. I love this picture of Brennan, my middle son, and the look of disdain on his face, and wanted to use chipboard to draw the eye in to the photo.


The Graduated Circles were perfect for the task. I started by colouring the piece with a white Gelato, then built up additional colours with Gelatos and finished the whole thing off with random spots of coordinating Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powders. I would later use the Graduated Circle as a frame for my clusters, which keeps the eyes moving around the centre of the page.


The Tattered Diamond Bits ground the photo within the circle, preventing it from looking as though it is just floating there. I started by heat embossing them with a weathered embossing powder, then added in Gelatos in orange and brown to marry it to my colour scheme.


For the title, I painted it with gesso and my finger, leaving texture behind, then misted it randomly to achieve an ombre effect.


And last but not least, a pop of purple Gelato to coordinate with the purple in the photo.


Products Used

- Never A Dull Moment chipboard
- Graduated Circles chipboard
- Tattered Diamond Bits chipboard
- Seaside Seashells chipboard


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: