Wednesday, April 2, 2014

New Blue Fern Studios Sketch Challenge

I don't know about you, but I love sketches. Nothing gets my creative juices flowing like a beautiful sketch, and I wait with bated breath for the next Blue Fern Studios sketch to come out. The April sketch does not disappoint!

Once again this month I'm playing with the gorgeous Blue Fern Gardens papers. I just can't get enough of them. Though pink isn't one of my go-to colours, I thought this paper went perfectly with one of my wedding photos.


I stuck pretty close to the sketch this month:


Doesn't it just make you want to grab your Blue Fern Studios products and play around?

Here are a couple closeups:



I did some water distressing on the Blooming Foliage chipboard so that I could peel it apart and get a more layered look to the leaves (I actually separated the whole piece into 2 so that I have a mirror-image piece to use on another project). I introduced some purple into the layout to match the purple flowers in my bouquet, and toned everything down with a little shimmery white paint.


I didn't want the Mini Ring Things to be too bold, so I painted on Gelatos with a wet paintbrush then dabbed off the excess for a muted look, and added some Liquid Pearls once it was dry.


To give the layout a more romantic, vintage feel I painted on some real tea and let it run down the page. This also helps to unite different colours and patterns just as touching everything with white gesso can.


The Calling Cards paper is perfect for layering!

Thanks for stopping in today. I hope you'll play along with us this month - as usual there is some gorgeous Blue Fern Studios chipboard up for grabs.






No comments: