Friday, May 16, 2014

CSI 123 Guest Detective

The Flying Unicorn Creative Team are Guest Detectives at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration this month. I stepped a little out of my comfort zone to solve this week's case file, creating a 6x6 layout. I am always worried I won't be able to tell my story (either visually or through journaling) in such a small space, but one of the 6x6 pages in my Prima Bloom Girl journal was perfect for this week's Scheme. Between it and my picture, of my youngest, Colby at the CARS V8 Cafe at Disneyland, I had all the colours of the Scheme covered off even before I started working on the page!


I solved the case in the following way:

Evidence: Mixed Media background, Floral Elements, Mistable Elements
Testimony: Write story as a fairytale


I fussy cut additional poppies and faux stitching from the facing page in the journal and strew them across my background.


I misted the Blue Fern Studios chipboard with Dylusions and 13 Arts mists.


The Bloom Girls chipboard stickers added some extra dimension to the flowers.


I don't normally journal on my layouts, but this time I added it right on the front.

Here is this week's Case File. You have until May 25th to play along for your chance of winning lots of wonderful prizes, as well as the opportunity to be a CSI Special Investigator. Be sure to check out all the details over at CSI.


TGIF - I hope you have some fun plans for the weekend! Our little one is turning 3, and we are looking forward to some fun family time (his party isn't for another couple of weeks).

Supplies:

- Prima Bloom Girl Journal
- Prima Bloom Girl Chipboard Stickers
- Prima Washi Tape
- Tim Holtz Tissue Tape: Symphony
- 13 Arts Mists: Chalk Blue Light, Pearl Navy Blue, Pearl Black
- Dylusions Mist: Black Marble
- Prima Stitched Lines stamp
- Prima Chalk Edger: Old Road
- Izink: Tomato
- Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Film Strips




No comments: