Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sleepy Owl Canvas - Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month

When I saw this little owl in the Flying Unicorn May Your Passion, Your Art kit, I knew I had to use him on something. He is just too sweet! One of the 5x7 canvases in the Mixed Passion Add-On was perfect.


Here's a closeup of the little cutie. I used the lace trim from the kit for his downy feathers and added the Distressed Crackle Paint on his body, along with a couple dots of pearl pen on the tufts on his head. The O's of the chalkboard alphas in the kit are absolutely perfect for his eyes, and I added some scraps of Cartographer paper for his eyelids.


For the background I sprayed on some Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays (I used the lid for the Mix'd Media Ink to mask off the area for the moon - I sprayed yellow on first, then covered it up and added the other colours). Once dried I applied some Workable Fixative, and then painted on generous amounts of the Creative Medium from the kit to add dimension. Once everything was dry, I painted over it with Silks, and finally added stars with Liquid Pearls.



The tree is made of crumpled paper bag painted over with Shimmerz and Silks.


And another little closeup of his cute little belly, just because :)


Thank you for stopping in today - I always appreciate your visit! If you haven't picked up your May kit yet, be sure to stop by the Flying Unicorn Store.


Supplies:


From the Kit & Add-Ons

- Fredrix 5x7 canvas board
- Creative Medium
- FUL Metal Adornment Owl
- My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio II Alphas
- Distress Crackle Paint - Tarnished Brass
- Lace Trim

From my stash:

- Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays: "California Poppy Gold", "Maiderhair Fern Green", "Azure Sea Asters", "Bachelor Button Blue"
- Silks: Stargazer, Iris Petal, Pretty Peridot, Guatemalan Green, Blue Flame, Emperor's Gold
- Shimmerz: Coffee

No comments: