Thursday, July 31, 2014

Fairy Hollow - August KOM OTP

It's the kit of the month reveal day at Flying Unicorn! Be sure to check out our August Your Passion, Your Art kit and add ons - they sell out quickly.

I love that you can take the Flying Unicorn's monthly Off-The-Page projects in so many directions creatively. With some, I know as soon as they come out of the box what I want to do with them. With others, I take them out and leave them on my desk and stare at them for awhile while the ideas percolate. With this month's metal lantern and the Prima fairy resins I knew the direction that I wanted to take as soon as it came out of the box.


I love the look of fairy gardens, but I don't have much of a green thumb, so I decided to craft my own fairy garden that doesn't need any maintenance with some figurines from my local gardening store.

I prepped the exterior of the lantern with clear gesso to ensure my paint would stick to it, then added Distress Paint and Distress Crackle Paint for a bit or a worn, woodsy feel.


Some glass pebbles for a little stream...



A crumpled paper bag coloured with Color Bloom sprays and chalk ink...


And some of the Magnolia crystals dangling from the magical little tree to finish it off.



Thank you for stopping by today!



Supplies Used

From the Kit and Add-Ons:

- Lantern Off-The-Page project
- Magnolia Crystals

From My Stash:

- Gesso: Clear and White
- Glass Pebbles
- Maja Design papers: Walking In The Forest "Autumn In The Air" and "Colours of Fall"
- Prima Color Bloom sprays: Worn Leather, Antique Gold, Gold Foil
- Prima Chalk Ink: Dark Bark
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint: Forest Moss
- Fairy Garden figurines from my local garden shop

No comments: