Saturday, August 2, 2014

Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month - Mergirl Tag

Good morning, Bloggers! Let me start this post with a disclaimer - I loved the entire August kit from Flying Unicorn. But you know when you open up a box and something just grabs your attention and it is instant love? That happened to me this month. And of all things, it happened over the packaging on a set of buttons. Now, I'm not someone who uses buttons a lot. The appeal for me was this adorable little mermaid printed on the packaging. She is just so totally me, and she deserved a project all her own. So I cut the packaging apart into its various panels and set to work, adding some of the Prima Wooden ATCs in to my layers.

I used 2 of the Wooden ATCs in my tag, one as the backdrop, coloured with Color Bloom sprays and Chalk Edgers, the other behind my oval, coloured with Color Bloom spray and Perfect Pearls/Pearl Ex.


Lovely little Santoro buttons that come along with the phenomenal packaging :)


The Santoro packaging had lots of little fussy-cutable elements, such as the flowers tucked behind the button (above) and the title and little seashell (below).



I hope you enjoyed this quick little project, and thank you for stopping by! Your visits are always appreciated.

Supplies Used

From the Kit of the Month and Add-Ons:

- Santoro-London Mergirl Buttons: Packaging and Buttons
- Prima Wooden ATCs "Not Too Shabby" Set 
- Perfect Pearls: Interference Red
- Pearl Ex: Grey Lavender
- Pearl Trim

From My Stash:

- Prima Stencil: 12x12 Bubbles
- Stabilo Aquarellable - black
- Prima Color Bloom sprays: Tea Stain, Soft Teal, Lime Wedge
- Prima Chalk Edger: Old Road, Sweet Pea
- Green mesh trim

No comments: