Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Flying Unicorn Small Art, Big Passion

Flying Unicorn's monthly Small Art, Big Passion kit is perfect as an add on to our main kit but works equally well as a standalone kit. When I got this month's kit I was so inspired I had to put aside what I was working on and whip up a card using nothing but the Small Art kit and a little gauze from my stash.


I wanted the little wooden watering can to have a weathered appearance. I painted it with a thick coat of modelling paste for texture, and when it was nearly dry added some Inklingz and Pop Art Pink spray from the kit. If the modelling paste was still slightly wet you get a little movement, which leads to white patches showing through, as you can see below. Once it was dry, I topped it with one of the stickers from the kit.


A little masking with the Tim Holtz Doily stencil, and some machine stitching...


And some gorgeous flowers and gauze...


And voila - a quick and elegant card!



Supplies Used:

From the Kit and Add Ons:

- Studio 75 6x6 pack - Miss Olivia
- Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: Doily
- 13 Arts Modeling Paste
- Crafty Secrets "Heartwarming Vintage" stickers: French Labels
- Bead Picks
- Prima Something Blue Flowers: Ring Bearer (575304)
- Petaloo Penny Lane - Forget Me Nots Antique Beige
- Wooden Accent: Watering Can
- Shimmerz Inklingz: Burnished Buckle
- Shimmerz Vibez: Pop Art Pink

From My Stash:

- Gauze


1 comment:

Patter Cross said...

Jackie this is SO very elegant! I LOVE every detail on this card. WOW!