Saturday, October 4, 2014

Flying Unicorn Small Art Big Passion Kit

Hi guys! Today I'm sharing two cards I made with the Flying Unicorn October Small Art, Big Passion kit. I spent a week on a business trip last month, and the Small Art kit was the perfect size to take with me on the road. I added in adhesives, black ink and gesso from my stash and I was good to go.


I love the Crafter's Workshop stencil from the kit! Spiderwebs, butterflies and some geometric designs just perfect for background work.


The Small Art Big Passion kit always contains lots of small elements perfect for layering. On this card I combined some Flying Unicorn Adornments, pink tulle, Prima flowers and die cuts.





Card 1 - Supplies Used

From the Kit and Add-Ons:

- Paper from the Small Art Big Passion kit
- Papermania: Square Urban Stamp
- The Crafter's Workshop: Mini Specimens
- Maya Road Vintage Lace Tape: Antique Pink
- Maya Road Resist Kraft Diecut
- Pink Tulle
- FUL Adornments
- Simple Stories DIY Burlap Stickers
- Prima Flowers: 578008
- Metal Accents

From My Stash:

- Jutte Twine


For my second card I used the geometric designs on the Crafter's Workshop stencil and used a cheap hotel pen to trace the designs onto the background paper, adding additional doodles freehand. I then applied gesso haphazardly for a more blended look.


For the butterfly, I simply pressed it into my stamp pad, and once it was dry added details with Liquid Pearls.


A closeup of the background.


Layered elements from the kit make it really easy to pull everything together.


Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you're having a fantastic weekend!


Card 2 - Supplies Used

From the Kit and Add-Ons:

- Paper from the Small Art Big Passion kit
- The Crafter's Workshop: Mini Specimens
- Metal Accents
- FUL Adornments
- Maya Road Resist Kraft Diecut
- Acetate
- Wooden Butterfly
- Simple Stories DIY Burlap Stickers

From My Stash:

- Jutte Twine
- Liquid Pearls: Copper Pearl  

No comments: