Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Scrap Around The World Guest Spot

As I write this it's Remembrance Day here in Canada, a day where we look back at the sacrifice and heroism of the two World Wars, and pay tribute to the brave men and women who have served in armed conflicts through time and across the world.

As I watch the documentaries on the History Channel and think back about family members who have served, I can't help but be thankful for the life and freedom we enjoy. So the message "Life Is Beautiful" from the November mood board at Scrap Around the World is especially resonant right now.

The Flying Unicorn CT are guest designers at SATW this month, and I found this mood board so easy to play with. 

Here is my layout:


And the beautiful mood board that inspired it:


Isn't it sublime? I took inspiration from every pane of this mood board - the music notes are echoed by the Tim Holtz tissue tape on the background, and twine is tucked into the flower cluster, I took the colours and cascading nature of the flowers as inspiration for my cluster, I replicated the "Life Is Beautiful" notecard, I used a doily stencil on the background, and I chose a photo that echoed the light and colourfulness of the last pane.

A couple closeups:





Thank you for stopping by today. Take a moment to hold your family close, and to be thankful for what we have - we will never forget.

Supplies Used:

Prima Cartographer: Boussole paper, 3x4 ATCs
Faber-Castell Pitt Pen: Black Medium
- Liquitex Gesso: White
Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays: Bucket O' Blood Red, Bougainvillea Fuchsia, Bit O' Bubbly, California Poppy Gold
- Tim Holtz Tissue Tape: Symphony
- Liquitex Light Modeling Paste
- Prima 12x12 Stencil: Doily
- Prima Flowers: Rondanthe - Esplanade (577759)
- Stamens
- Shimmerz Coloringz spray: Pink Stilettos
- Prima Color Bloom spray: Lime Wedge
- Ranger Embossing Ink Dabber
- Georgia Heald stamps
- Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder: Midnight Copper
- Prima Divine: Chipboard stickers
- Washi tape
- Flying Unicorn Adornments: Country Garden
- Jute Twine
- Prima stamp
- Prima Chalk Edger: Coal Black

No comments: