Thursday, December 11, 2014

Blue Fern Studios - Vintage Side of Sanctuary

Hello Bloggers! It's hard to believe a year has gone by, but today I'm posting my last layout as part of Blue Fern Studios' design team. I have had a wonderful year, and though this is my last design team post, it certainly isn't the last time you'll see me using Blue Fern products in my crafting.

Blue Fern's Sanctuary, like the 3 paper lines that came before it, is incredibly versatile. Yesterday I shared a bright layout created with the collection; today I'm shifting gear and bringing you a vintage layout.

I loved both sides of the Botanical Garden sheet, and I really wanted to combine the two sides on one layout. To create the layered effect in the center and avoid wasting paper, I tore a strip from the center of the page. I punched strips of the B side out of a second piece of paper, and layered those underneath my torn strip, and mounted the whole thing on corrugated cardboard.


I added a thin layer of modeling paste through a stencil and misted it with a blue-grey mist to complement the background, then added some patches of green mist.

To create the lacy, textured look on the Boston Lattice chippie I melted fusible webbing onto the piece, then sprinkled it with two colors of embossing powder.


The Mini Flourishes and My Bike chippies were painted with sparkling watercolor paints.





Blue Fern Studios Products

Sanctuary papers: 
- Botanical Garden x2

Chipboard: 
-Mini Flourishes
- Boston Lattice
- My Bike



I have greatly enjoyed my time with Blue Fern Studios, and I thank Leslie for having me on the team. I look forward to seeing Blue Fern's continued success!

2 comments:

Shona said...

love this.....I hope you had fun on your trip! Merry Christmas

Mrs Frizz said...

love how you used your chippie ... amazing texture