Monday, January 19, 2015

Cute Stuff - Prima January BAP

The Prima BAP is one of my favourite challenges to play along with, even more so on the months where the sketch was created by one of my best scrappy friends, the incomparable Jennifer Snyder. This month's sketch is another beauty, and I was inspired by the use of two smaller photos to sort through my photos to find two I'd like to use. Using PicMonkey I made them into a collage, and set to work. I am so happy with the way this layout turned out - it exceeds what I pictured in my mind, and then some!



And here is this month's Prima BAP sketch:



I started by adding some chevron stencilling to the Time Traveler "Tickets Only" paper using super heavy white gesso; after that dried I painted on Shabby Tote Chalk Edger with a wet paintbrush and blotted it off for a subdued aged effect.



I added strips of scrap paper from various collections, inked with chalk edgers for a bit of definition, as well as some resist canvas coloured with Gold Foil Color Bloom vertically on the page (I also splattered Color Bloom on the background).

Though there wasn't a vertical strip in the sketch, it felt right for my layout; I cut peek-holes through the Stationer's Desk "Captured Drama" paper, defining them with Dark Bark Chalk Edger. I mounted the strip on a backing of chipboard pop outs to give it more dimension.



To create a centrepiece for my photos inspired by the sketch, I used a chipboard circle painted with Color Bloom in Antique Gold, and topped it with Wire Thread in Rose Red. The bow is also Wire Thread - perfect for such a task as it keeps its shape! Prima flowers and leaves in muted colours, as well as Prima metal accents, contribute to the rustic feel of the layout.



For the cluster on the bottom right I incorporated many of the elements used in the larger cluster, adding a resin frame coloured with Color Blooms, and a chipboard title that perfectly sums up my cheeky little monkey.



Thank you for stopping by today!

Prima Products Used:

- Time Traveler collection: Tickets Only
- Stationer's Desk collection: Captured Drama
- Cigar Box Secrets: Corona & Presidente
- Chalk Edgers: Dark Bark & Shabby Tote
- 12 x 12 Mask: Chevron
- Resist Canvas Borders 4
- Color Bloom Sprays: Gold Foil, Antique Gold, Worn Leather
- Wire Thread: Rose Red
- Junkyard Findings: Industrial Lamps, Wall Lamps
- Prima Resin Frame: Baroque Frame

- Flowers: 
Capri - Cabernet
Hillsboro - Butter
Rodanthe - Seashell
Rondanthe - Sandbank
Florella - Leaves

Blue Fern Studios Chipboard:

- Graduated Circles
- Good Vibes
- Roman Clock Set - Small

1 comment:

Scraps of Elegance said...

Brillant! I adore your interpretation of the sketch, and fabulous layering work.