Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A couple Julie Nutting birthday tags

Hi there! After a long blogger silence, during which I was creating, but didn't have time to photo, edit and post photos, I've gotten my butt in gear :) Today I'm sharing two birthday tags using Julie Nutting's Zoe Die/Stamp combo that I created for my sister and for my best friend, who have birthdays one day apart.

This first tag was made for my sister - for her birthday my sister, two of my sons and I went to a performance of So You Think You Can Dance, so I turned Zoe into a ballerina for this tag.


I used a combination of Stationer's Desk and Princess papers for the tag.


I added stamping, misting and stencilling with gesso to the background, then overlaid it with Blue Fern Studios Turkish Bits chippies covered in gesso and stamped.


For her tutu, I used some Tim Holtz trim folded over and sprayed with pink mist.


Some Prima Something Blue flowers and leaves finish the tag off.

The next tag is for my best friend. This time I used the Zoe stamp and die without any modifications. I wanted to do a collaged background inspired by Tim Holtz's February Tag of the Month, using Prima ATCs, tags and some ephemera from my stash. 



To help the collaged layers stand out, I added some washi tape, and outlined everything in Color Bloom mist, then added some stamping with the Prima stitches stamp and some Georgia Heald stamps, which I coloured in with more Color Bloom.


The hearts are Blue Fern Studios Heart Set chipboard - the red is coated with embossing powder, the turquoise one I coloured with an alcohol marker and then added clear embossing powder for a lacquered look.


Thank you for stopping in today!



No comments: