Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Better Late Than Never!

I had originally prepared this layout in July, but with everything else going on has sat in a pile for the intervening 7 months. I really love the brightness of it, though, so I'm pulling it out to share now. I used some of the lovely Blue Fern Studios Ombre Dreams papers for my background - they are still some of my favourites.


I wanted to go for an art journal style background, so I started off by masking with gesso, and then added layer after layer of masking with different mediums and finished off the background with some stamping. I punched assorted sizes of circles out of scrap bits, and coloured them with Gelatos before adhering them to the page and adding some doodling around them.


I cut the Blue Fern Studios Organic Vine chippy in half to bracket my photo, and applied several layers of blue and green paint, heat setting them for some bubbly texture. I adhered them to my page before splattering everything with black and white Splash ink from 13 Arts.


Some colourful Petaloo blooms and little Prima trinkets finish it all off.


Thank you for stopping by!

Supplies Used

Blue Fern Studios

Ombre Dreams paper collection:

- Leslie's Dream
- Dream Cards
- Charlotte's Dream

Chipboard:

- Organic Vine


1 comment:

Sherri Caramico said...

just beautiful!! cant' stop looking at this layout - lots of layers, and textures! thanks for sharing such inspiration!