Monday, April 25, 2016

Boy's birthday card

It seems to be birthday party season for my three boys, and the spring is also chock-full of family birthdays for us, so I'm busy making cards. 

I love the Julie Nutting boy stamps because they make boy cards so very easy. For this card, I dug deep into my Prima stash and pulled out papers and alpha stickers from the Craftsman collection - still one of my favourites for boy cards. 


I stamped the Aidan stamp on the darker side of the Prima Cartographer Boussole paper for the skin tone, then created the clothing pieces from various sheets from the Craftsman collection. 



Once I had assembled my paper doll, I added shading to the skin and with alcohol markers. 


The Black Box paper has draftsman-style drawings all over it, meaning I didn't have to add any additional stamping to my background. 


I added some masculine accents with corrugated cardboard, jute twine, staples and metal, then finished the whole thing off with some Craftman alpha stickers. 

Thank you for stopping by today!


Prima Products:

Julie Nutting stamp: Aidan
Julie Nutting tag pad
Cartographer paper: Boussole
Craftsman paper: Black Box, Tools of the Trade, Widgets
Craftsman Tiny Alphas
Engraver: 6x6 paper pad






No comments: