Sunday, May 29, 2016

Julie Nutting May Challenge - Wooden Dolls

Hello Bloggers! It was a long weekend here this weekend, and we spent it doing hard yard work, so when last night came I was itching to get a little scrapping in. While looking through my Pinterest board of this month's challenges, I decided to play along with the Julie Nutting Facebook Group challenge for May, which is to use her mini dolls or wooden dolls on a project.


In both stamp and mini doll form, I love Shay's grace. I started off by colouring the doll's skin using a wet paintbrush and watercolour pencils, and her dress with Metallique paint.


I selected one of the Journaling Cards from the Time Traveler's Memories collection, and wanted to make sure my wooden doll stood out. One of the butterflies from the birds wooden icons in a box set coated in Stickles made a beautiful, glittery set of wings, and the Love ink bottle from the Sationer's Desk collection made the perfect pedestal. I finished her off with a harp from the Princess collection Metal clips, and some of my very first Prima flowers, these adorable little blooms that came in a glass bottle. 


Here is the challenge for May:



Prima Supplies

Julie Nutting Mini Doll
Wooden Icons In A Box: Birds, Stationer's Desk
Time Traveler's Memories 3x4 Journaling Cards
Metallique Royal Red, Brass Hardware
Julie Nutting Watercolor Pencils: Hair and Skin Tones
Prima Botanical Mix: English Garden
Princess: Metal Clips


No comments: