Sunday, August 7, 2016

Wine - August My Creative Scrapbook Limited Edition Kit

Hi there! I'm back today with my second layout with the gorgeous My Creative Scrapbook August Limited Edition Kit.

In early July Evan and I got away for 9 days without our kids for a much-needed getaway, and we headed down to California, spending a couple of days in LA before heading up to wine country. Three days of wine tasting was about as much as Evan, who isn't a big drinker, could handle, but I was in heaven.

This picture was the tasting set up at St. Clair-Brown winery, our favourite of the wineries we visited, and I knew I wanted to include it on a scrapbook layout. And the soft, vintage colours of the Attic Charm papers from Blue Fern Studios included in the kit were the perfect complement.


The Blue Fern Studios Mandala Frame is a gorgeous accent piece. To create a rustic, gilded look, I started by priming it with white gesso, then added misting to select spots (letting the gesso show through) with two colours of gold spray to give it some shading. To help it stand apart from the background more, I then edged it with a gold leafing pen for a gilded look, and finished it off with some wine-coloured splatters.


The kit contains a set of Metal Trinkets and Alphas by Prima, which I altered to make my title. I started by brushing some white gesso across the piece using my finger so that it worked into some of the nooks and crannies but still left some contrast in the deep recesses. I then brushed the gesso off the raised areas. Once that was dried, I misted the pieces from a distance with gold spray. To give it the illusion of vines and grape clusters, I coloured selected areas with Gelatos applied with a water brush, then applied the alpha stickers.


For the fifth metal trinket, I fussy cut the clock from the Calling Card paper, and created a domed covering for it similar to that on the alphas using Glossy Accents.
 

I added splatters to the background with various mists and Gelatos mixed with water. To create the layers I fussy cut the flowers and clock from the packaging for the Blue Fern Studios flowers, and fussy cut the decorative strip from the Curio paper, and mounted the strip onto cardboard for some added dimension. I dry-brushed white gesso over the chipboard banner from the Maggie Holmes Bloom chipboard sheet in the kit to tone it down a little before layering it over the Mandala Frame.


 The rolled Prima roses from the kit are perfect for clusters, and lay beautifully on their sides. And look at the gorgeous shine on the Attic Charm Glitter Roses!


 I happened to be scrapping this layout on the deck at my in-laws' rustic ocean-front cabin, and as I was working some dried lichen blew across the table, so I saved it and included it in my cluster.


 Thank you for stopping by today! If you haven't picked up your kit yet, be sure to head over to My Creative Scrapbook and become a subscriber so you never miss a kit again.

Kit Supplies Used:

 - Blue Fern Studios Attic Charm papers: Mercantile, Curio, Calling Cards
- Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Mandala Frame
- Prima Timeless Memories: Metal Trinkets & Alphas
- Blue Fern Studios flowers: Attic Charm Glitter Roses (and packaging)
- Prima flowers: Garden Fable - Perrinial, Sophia
- Maggie Holmes Bloom chipboard



1 comment:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Excellent design with the Limited Edition kit. So Beautiful !