Sunday, September 18, 2016

My Creative Scrapbook September Sketch Challenge

The My Creative Scrapbook September sketch challenge is live! I prepared a layout using the Limited Edition kit, which had all sorts of great cut-apart options and chipboard bits from the Prima Rossi Belle collection.



I had printed off a couple of photos from the Adele concert; while not great photos in and of themselves, I wanted to commemorate the evening. The layered nature of the sketch was great as it allowed me to cover the negative space at the bottom of both photos, while drawing attention to the focal point in the top portion of the photo.

Here is the sketch:


A couple closeups:


To add definition to the rectangles so they didn't just blend into the other patterned papers, I mounted them on cardboard and then dotted the edges with a pearl pen for some definition and visual interest.


All of these pieces are cut from a thin chipboard sheet in the Rossi Belle pack, and so many of them have inspiration sayings that I wanted to be able to showcase. This layout let me do just that, without any one of them taking centre stage. The one above pretty much sums up how I felt about my night, though.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you'll find the time to play along with the sketch, there's a great prize pack up for grabs for one lucky participant.

No comments: