Wednesday, October 19, 2016

BFS October Challenge

Although I enjoy all of the challenges Blue Fern Studios comes out with on a monthly basis, I have to admit that the sketch challenge is still my favourite. So this month I couldn't resist playing along with the October Sketch Challenge.


I had used this paper from the Sanctuary collection to scrape off one of my stencils covered with black gesso that I had used for another background, knowing it would be a great jumping off point for a layout down the road.


I then continued to build the background, adding heat embossing, Gelatos and mist to the mix, along with layers of paper and some tulle.


I primed the Printer's Bits chipboard with some taupe acrylic paint, and sprinkled on some chunky glitter while it was still wet. I then stamped the piece and splattered on some gold mist, before placing the "F" negative back into the piece (I painted it with blue mist).


I painted "The Story" piece from the Arrow Words set with the same taupe paint and glitter on the arrow itself, and with the blue mist with chunky glitter added to it for the words.


 I completed the layout with some gorgeous neutral blooms, metal pieces and a little bit of bling.

Here's the October sketch I based the layout on:


There's still plenty of time to play along with the sketch. And if you haven't noticed, Blue Fern Studios is having a Design Team Call which closes at the end of the month. They are a fantastic company, with amazing products and provide very generous compensation in products and I thoroughly enjoyed my year on their DT. If you love all things Blue Fern, as I do, I sincerely recommend you submit an application.

Supplies Used

Blue Fern Studios
- Sanctuary collection: Birdsong Melody, Meadows of Time
- Serendipity collection: Chronicle, Imagination
- Chipboard: Printer's Bits, Arrow Words

Additional Supplies
- Andy Skinner stencil: Industrial Elements
- Black Gesso
- Adirondack Dabber: Lake Mist
- Distress Glitter: Clear Rock Candy
- Kaisercraft stamps: Journal, Alphabet
- Ranger Embossing Dabber
- Stampendous Aged Embossing Enamel: Aged Ivory
- Archival Ink: Jet Black
- Prima Color Bloom: Cobalt, Tea Stain, Summer Sky, Worn Leather
- Heidi Swapp Color Shine: Gold
- Faber-Castell Gelatos
- Prima SIIC: Timeless Memories
- Prima Tiny Junkyard Findings: Jeans Buttons
- Prima Brads: Cartographer
- Prima Sunrise Sunset Vintage Trinkets: Mini Numbers

No comments: