Monday, November 7, 2016

My Creative Scrapbook - Thank You Box

My Creative Scrapbook's November kits are on sale now, and I had the pleasure of guest designing with the Limited Edition kit once again this month. Today I'm sharing an altered Thanksgiving box made with supplies from the LE kit and a couple stamps - the perfect little box for some chocolates or another similar treat for a hostess gift.


To give you some perspective on the size of the box, it is an iPhone 5 box. I topped it with a step card accented with burlap and some Tim Holtz pumpkins and wheat stamp on some of the Blue Fern Studios Memoires paper from the kit and coloured in with Gelatos.


To trim the front of my box I cut one of the Blue Fern Studios Lace Rounds in half and heat embossed it with aged gold embossing enamel and mounted it with one of the Prima metal trinkets from the kit.


I love these Blue Fern Studios flowers, especially the poppy-style ones. To add to the rustic feel I hand cut some leaves from burlap and tucked them into the flower cluster.


I coloured the canvas Thickers from the kit with yellow mist, and finished the whole project off with some splatters of white paint.


Thank you for stopping in today! If you haven't picked up your November kit yet, please be sure to visit the My Creative Scrapbook store, and for tons more inspiration, check out the blog.

Kit Products Used:

Blue Fern Studios Memoires collection: Photographic record, Grand Sequel
Trims from kit (both)
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Lace Rounds
Prima Vintage Trinkets
Blue Fern Studios flowers: Memoires
Thickers DIY - Ali

From My Stash:

Tim Holtz stamps: Mini Blueprints 5, Halloween Blueprints 2
Faber-Castell Gelatos
Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
Stampendous Aged Embossing Enamel: Gold
Liquid Pearls: Hot Cocoa
Burlap
13 Arts Splash! Ink: White
Prima Color Bloom spray: Yellow Mustard

No comments: