Thursday, February 9, 2017

Me & My Ball *** My Creative Scrapbook ***

I'm back today with another layout created with the February My Creative Scrapbook Limited Edition kit. I love the dramatic reds of the Elegy papers by Scrapberry's paired with the neutral grays and blacks.

I selected a non-Valentines photo again this time; I think it's the fate of parents of young kids that either one or the other of you are in photos, but seldom both together.


To add a little colour and some added interest to the background, I started by colouring through the stencil from the kit using two Distress Markers (Candied Apple and Broken China) and a waterbrush. I didn't care if the effect was messy; I traced the shapes through the stencil using a journaling pen for some added definition. I fussy cut around the floral images on the top of the Happiness paper, and added torn strips from the Venus and Elegy papers underneath it. I layered the banners and words piece that I fussy cut from the Poetry paper under my photo (the photo itself is mounted on the cardboard backing of the Prima resin frames included in the kit - I loved the pop of blue and the distressed edges).

 

I had a lot of fun altering the Blue Fern Studios chippy included in the kit, but won't share any details here as I've prepared a tutorial on it for a future blog post. I love the versatility of chipboard; how you can do anything from naked chipboard to something layered and elaborate.

 

I finished everything off with the small resin frame (which I broke in half by hand so I could use the bit that would normally be hidden on a different project), one of the BFS glitter roses, a couple of the mini roses from the kit and a bow with the trim in the kit.



Thank you for stopping by today!


No comments: